Here are some tips on how to make your golden colour last for an extra day or two with our 7 tips for boosting the lifespan of your fake tan here at Beautylicious:
- · Exfoliate before you start. Buff away dead skin cells with an exfoliator a day before your tan to reveal the fresh skin cells beneath. Fake tan will glide much better on your smoother skin and the fresher your skin cells, the longer the life of your tan.
- · Wax instead of shaving. Shaving irritates the skin and dulls a golden tan bit by bit. If you wax 24 before your tan you won’t have to get that razor out for at least a couple of weeks, helping to lengthen the lifespan of your tan and cut down on your morning shower routine.
- · Top up with a gradual tanner. Colour started to fade? Simply apply a gradual tanner over your skin in the same way as you’d use a body moisturiser to deepen your glow for a few more days. The benefit of a gradual tanner is that develops over the course of the day and you don’t have to wash it off like a regular fake tan.
- · Take short showers. Long showers and hot baths will dull your golden glow because they dry out the skin quicker. Opt for quick showers and bypass long swims in chlorinated pools or salty seawater to retain your colour for as long as possible.
- · Use gentle shower gel and soaps. Harsh soaps and cosmetics can strip your skin of its caramel colour. Gentle shower balms will protect your tan and cleanse your skin without lifting away its sun-kissed warmth.
- · Avoid the sauna and steam room. Perspiration can cause an uneven fade off and a patchy looking tan instead of an all-over, seamless glow. Saunas and steam rooms are designed to make you sweat more so definitely avoid them if you want to prolong your tan for a few extra days.
- · Moisture every day! If there’s one rule you should stick to, it’s to moisturise with an oil-free product every day to lock-in your tan. Never miss this step and you’ll be guaranteed of a tan that lasts for at least a week.